HidroTool provides a fast assesment toolbox for common hydraulics problems. It solves the pressure pipes flow, open channel flow, regime theory for natural streams and finally the sediment movement threshold. The Colebrook-White equation and Manning formula are implemented and solved focusing in different scopes, structures dimensioning, field data survey, etc.
The background idea is to provide a field tool able to solve desktop computations. Taking advantadge of the new mobile processors in possible to implement numerical methods in order to solve nonlinear equations. The powerful user interface of this devices simplifies the data input and increases the results presentation quality.
- - Pressure flow solved for circular pipes
- - Darcy-Weisbach approach combined with Colebrook-White formulation
- - Moody chart included for results checking
- - Fluid properties database included
- - Pipes materials roughness database included
- - Slope, diameter and discharge could be individualy computed as a function of the remain variables
- - Manning equation implemented for open channel computations
- - Boxes, triangles, rectangles an trapeziums included for open channel computations
- - Depth, discharge or slope could be individually computed
- - Complete database for Manning values included
- - Parker regime theory implemented for natural streams
- - Stable crossections computed
- - Sediment transport characteristics computed: shields parameter, transport parameter, fall velocity...
- - Shields abacus included